York University is offering free 1 year tuition paid to 2 lucky people, though i don’t think it open for international student for as at the time of writing, it currently open for Canada resident excluding Quebec. Applying for the Free Tuition Contest takes only 2 minutes and you don’t know maybe you might be lucky. Good luck.
First Year Free Tuition Contest Rules
- The contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside at the time of entry.
- You are not eligible to enter if you are:
- an employee, representative or agent of York University, its advertising or promotional agencies, professional representatives, printing suppliers, licensees or the prize supplier;
- a retailer on any of York University’s campuses; or
- a member of the immediate family of any of the above persons (i.e.
spouse, child, sibling, parent) or a member of the household of any of the above persons; or
- a student currently enrolled at York University for the Fall 2022 and/or
Winter 2023 semester(s)
2. Contest Period
The “First Year for Free Contest” (the “Contest”) is run by York University and will take place from 9:00 AM September 27th, 2021 to 5:00 PM, March 31st, 2022 (the “Contest Period”).
3. How To Enter
- There are two ways to enter:
- To be eligible, entries must be received before 12:00 AM on March 31st, 2022, the contest closing date.
- All entries become the property of York University.
- York University is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged or destroyed entries, or for any unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, on-line failures, hardware, software or other technical functions or disturbances or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the contest in any manner.
- The winner will be selected by random draw on Friday, April 29th, 2022. The selected entrant will be contacted by email within ten (10) days of the selection. If the selected winner cannot be contacted within that time or does not comply with these Official Contest Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative eligible entry will be selected. York University is not responsible for the failure of any reason whatsoever of a selected potential winner to receive notification or for York University to receive a selected potential winner’s response.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- In order to win a prize, the eligible entrant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question administered by e-mail or telephone.
- There is one grand prize eligible to be won, consisting of a tuition credit equal to the sum of tuition for Fall/Winter 2022 undergraduate studies at York University less One Dollar ($1.00) to be used in the Fall/Winter 2022 academic year only (September 2022 to April 2023);
- The total value of the prize will not exceed seven thousand one-hundred and twenty-three Canadian dollars ($7,123.00) paid in a manner subject to York University’s sole discretion.
- There is no cash refund for any unused credit. No cash alternative or substitution of the prize is provided, except that York University, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable for any reason. The prize is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind and must be accepted as awarded. York University disclaims all warranties including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- The prize is not transferable unless authorized in writing by York University before the transfer is made. Such authorization may be granted or withheld in York University’s sole discretion.
- Any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
- In order to be declared a winner, the selected potential winner will be required to swear an affidavit indicating eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules. In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of 18 years or the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the affidavit to confirm compliance and consent with these Official Contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor, and provide a release and indemnity pursuant to Subsection 5.5 below.
5. Conditions of Participation
By participating in this contest, you agree:
- to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of York University, whose decisions are final;
- to the use of your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage and statements in connection with this contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof;
- to receive e-mail communication from York University with information about its programs, campus events and admission updates.
- that if selected as the winner, you give York University and its agents the right to publish or broadcast your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage or statements for editorial, promotional, advertising and publicity purposes, without compensation other than the value of the prize offered;
- to release and indemnify and hold harmless York University, its advertising and promotional agencies, the prize suppliers, and all their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, contractors, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with or arising out of this contest, the awarding of the prize, the use of any personal information or the use of merchandise purchased in relation to winning a prize.
York University also reserves the right, without prior notice, and at any time, to terminate the contest, in whole or in part or modify, suspend or extend the contest in any way.
7. General Provisions
- In the event that York University is prevented from continuing with the contest by an event beyond its control, York University has the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the contest.
- No entry will be returned.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
This contest and these Official Contest Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
8. Privacy Notice
Personal information in connection with the contest is collected under the authority of The York University Act, 1965 and will be used for the administration of the contest and related purposes. If you have any questions about the collection of personal information by York University, please contact: Grace Gravina, Marketing Officer, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, tel. 416-736-2100 Ext. 44765.