If you wish to study at the University of British Columbia, then you may be glad to learn that there is available financial aid for you at the University. International Students from around the world are invited each year to pursue a degree program at the University. In order to support students financially, the university has taken a step further to provide non-repayable bursaries for students who have shown great academic achievements as well as demonstrated financial need.
Students who are not able to fund their studies at the University of British Columbia will be awarded funds that should cover the tuition fees, accommodation, and other living expenses. These awards do come with great competition as only the best students who meet the study requirement of the University will be awarded.
It has always been the vision and goal of the University of British Columbia to promote quality education and make it accessible for students both domestic and international. Since 1908 the university was founded, the management, as well as alumni, have always made several donations to help reduce the cost students pay for education and also to increase the popularity of the institution globally.
The University of British Columbia has its campuses situated in Kelowna and Vancouver British Columbia. Due to the schools’ popularity, it has become one of the favorite destinations for students from different parts of the globe.
Applicants must first secure admission at the University of British Columbia before being considered for the bursary award. Since the University works so hard to ensure that students get the best education at a much-reduced cost, it is expected that each year, thousands of students will receive financial aid sponsored by the university to study in Canada.
Brief Details of the University of British Columbia Bursary Program for International Students
Application Deadline: September 15 and June 1.
Course Level: Bursaries are for students who are pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. Program at the University of British Columbia.
Study Subject: Bursaries are awarded for studies relating to any subjects offered by the university.
Nationalities: Canadian citizens and international students are eligible to apply.
Awarded At: The award is only taken in Canada
Host Institution and Country:
The University of British Columbia;
Scholarship Sponsored by:
The University of British Columbia and Alumni organization
Level/Field of Study or Subject:
Masters, Bachelors, or Ph.D. Programs studies at Universities
Number of Scholarships Available:
University of British Columbia Bursary Program for International Students Value:
- Applicants who are successful will be awarded several financial awards to cover transportation fare and also awarded funds that should cover the tuition fees, accommodation, and other living expenses.
To be eligible for the Bursary award at the University of British Columbia
- You must ensure you first secure admission to study at the University of British Columbia
- If you are going to apply for a bachelor’s program, then you should ensure that you meet the age requirement of under 21 years.
- You should provide proof to show you have completed high school.
- If you are applying for a Master’s program, then you should have evidence to show you have completed an undergraduate degree.
- You are expected to be below the age of 30 years if you are applying for a master’s program at the university.
- If you are applying for Ph.D. or Doctoral programs at the university, then you should have completed your master’s program.
- You are expected to be below the age of 35 years if you are applying for a Ph.D. program at the university.
- Applicant must show they are physically, medically, and mentally fit to undertake a course program in Canada
- You are also required to demonstrate financial constraints that have deprived you of continuing your studies in Canada.
- Student should also show excellent academic performance and achievements
Minimum Academic Criteria:
- You are expected to gain a minimum academic diploma result of at least 70% for Bachelor’s degree applicants
- You are expected to gain a minimum academic result of 75% for Master’s and Doctorate applicants
- Minimum academic achievement is required for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
Target Group: The scholarship targets applicants from different countries in the world
Application Deadline: Shown on the Scholarship page.
How to Apply for the University of British Columbia Bursary Program:
- Applicants are advised to submit an application for the Bursary Program before the close of the application by the deadline day indicated on the scholarship page. The Bursary Program comes up every year so you have an opportunity to apply for it here in the next year if you missed this one.
- Applying students are advised to visit the website official page http://www.students.ubc.ca/ssc to submit a formal application for this scholarship
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):
Apply for Scholarship https://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/loans-bursaries/bursaries/